Saturday, November 02, 2013

The "Home" kit from Scraptastic

Today I am going to show you the Scraptastic Club kit that I am going to be working with this month. It's the "Home" kit with the Add on and exclusive stamp set. I also have a layout on the Scraptastic Blog today. I really like the way it turned out.  But first, here is an instagram photo I took with my phone before diving into my kit. Lots of gorgeous Echo Park Reflections Fall and BasicGrey Persimmon, with Maya Road wood hearts and exclusive wood veneers and flair from Scraptastic.


I started out with a fun page showing what happens when you try to split the wishbone with Savvy! My husband thought it would be a great photo and Savvy loved the idea. He grabbed that whole wishbone and took off! It was hilarious! Of course we chased him down and got it back because its not a safe thing for him to have. Still, it did make for some fun photos :)


 I LOVE these cool Prima Resist Alphas that come in the Home kit this month. I wanted my title to be this deep rust color so I chose to use a color mist that is very bold and right away let me tell you guys that this is one of those times when you need to cover your work area and clothes, because I got mist on my layout and my hands are kind of stained. The alphas are stickers, so I placed the alphas on one of my acrylic blocks before coloring them. They do take some time to dry and you may just want to plan ahead and let them dry overnight. For my alphas and wood pieces on this page I used the Terra Cotta Ranger Color Wash dye mist



 I love the look so much that I pulled out one of the hearts and one little house wood veneer and made them the same color, mists or dyes have a wonderful stained effect on the wood shapes. Here are a couple of close up photos so you can see how cool they turned out. I hope you guys will give it a try. Visit the Scraptastic store to look thru all the great mists HERE.





2 comments:

Kathy said...

GREAT idea for the misting, Susan...never thought to put the stickers on an acrylic block!!! Love your layout, although the first words out of my mouth were "Poor Savvy"! Thought he had gotten the treat of a lifetime, only to be dashed yet again!!! LOL.....Thanks for sharing!

Madeline said...

Love all the stitching and what a great title! Heh-heh-heh...yeah, coloring those letters can be messy. You should see my hands. I used distress ink and then wet them with my fingers. Gloves would have been a good idea!