Saturday, April 25, 2015

Getting Organized

Have you joined the organizer/planner album trend? Well I am the least organized person really and although I love the little cute daily planners, my life doesn't really work with those. I use a google calendar with notifications because I need to have a sound to actually alert me. LOL! That being said, there are lots of other things that you can keep in these smaller albums to help organize your scrappy world, so I thought I would share what I put together to help me not be such a mess.

Here are the kinds of things I am planning to include: I need a place to draw my sketches. I always hand draw them before turning them into a digi image for Sketch Savvy. I also have lots of ideas for pages or page titles that end up on little scraps of paper all over my desk and around my keyboard so I need a section for those types of ideas. Right now I am working on ideas for National Scrapbook Day at my Disney Scrappers site so that needs a spot. And of course all my little notes from my last big trip to Disney and notes for next time. I will probably include a few photos so it will be cuter. You get the idea. I am sure there will be more sections as I go along. Since there is alot of Disney going on, that's my theme. After shopping at Scraptastic Store, I pulled together some cute things and compiled a list of main supplies with links for you below.

 Here is my cover. I chose this great 6 x 8" Teal Burlap Binder.



It has basic pages for writing, pocket pages for notes and photos, and a large kraft envelope with a closure. I had some clear dividers from one of my older albums that I punched the proper holes in and I am using it for the tabs. Here is a peek inside. I only just started this but it seems to be working out well.


Next is a photo of some of the things that I think I will be using, followed by a list of supplies with links.



Simple Stories - Sn@p! - 6x8 Teal Burlap Binder

Simple Stories - Enchanted - Wood Veneers

Jillibean Soup - Party Playground - Rock Candy Blue Fringe Garland

Simple Stories - Say Cheese II - Photo Stickers

Simple Stories - Say Cheese II - Wood Veneers

Simple Stories - Say Cheese II - Sn@p! Cards

Simple Stories - Say Cheese II - Bits and Pieces

Simple Stories - Say Cheese II - Stickers

Simple Stories - Say Cheese II - Photo Overlays

Freckled Fawn - Paper Clips - Classic Star Clips

Freckled Fawn - Paper Clips - Light Blue Long Arrows

Freckled Fawn - Washi Tape - Gold Polka Dot Small

Freckled Fawn - Washi Tape - Gold Polka Dot Large

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Like the look of this, Susan! I really like the SNAP binder plan.....seems like it is fairly easy to use, has lots of papers and pieces, and is so much easier to store than a big 12x12. Hope you will share some pages as this album grown!