Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Mixed Title Challenge

Sorry to post this so late. Last Thursday Meghann Andrew and I hosted a challenge on the Scraptastic Club Blog. You still have until tomorrow night at midnight to play along, so Check it out HERE!  The kits are so full of fun elements and word products such as die cuts, word stickers, exclusive wood veneers and acrylics, cut aparts, printables, and of course alphas. Putting them together adds interest to your title and turns it into a design element of your page, so we would like to see what you can come up for your titles. This weeks challenge is to use 3 or more elements to create a title.

For my example layout I used mostly the February Counting Stars kit and add on since I had so many goodies left. For my title I used a Scraptastic Club kit wood veneer "all of us", a few die cuts, and a word sticker "happy day".

all of us 600

I added a glossy finish to my woodgrain and some clear glitter just for fun and although it does have the finish I wanted, it curled up badly from the wet gloss so I hand stitched it to my page and I really like the way it turned out. I added the small vellum heart with an adhesive foam square for dimension.

all of us 1

To allow the page to flow a bit better I did a similar combination of elements in the upper left with a vellum die cut "Remember this" and little wood veneer pieces from Freckled Fawn in the Scraptastic Club Store.

all of us 2

No comments: