Saturday, July 11, 2015

Ah-maz-ing Summertime Rolls kits from Scraptastic

Seriously, the Summertime Rolls kit and Add on Kit from Scraptastic Club this month are AMAZING! Oh and the digital print and cut files and stamp set! but believe me when I say that once some of the designers show you what they have created, these are going to sell out. When I opened up the kit and saw this background paper, I thought "WOW! Great paper, but I don't know how to use it." I decided just to go for it because it's a shame to cut it. It's a perfect background if you add some contrast under your photo so that's what I did.

ah maz ing 600

I used the cool wave swirls Digital Cut File and duplicated it and then welded it together for a large swirled design and cut it from white cardstock. It is the perfect layer over a patterned paper like this that you still want to be able to see in the negative space. I also love the alphas but wanted a sort of long word in a short space so I broke up the word and made a block title.

ah maz ing 1 

I also layered the cute yellow dot transparency under the photo and it sort of looks like its floating over the die cut and background which works with the photo of my sister and the dolphin.

ah maz ing 2 

Now a little close up of the upper right. One of the things I love about these kits is that they have such great elements that totally make the page special, like the gold foil stickers and these huge enamel dots.

ah maz ing 3
I had alot of fun with this page. I hope you will try to use a bold patterned paper for a background too.

No comments: