Sunday, August 16, 2015

Different looks with one kit *Scraptastic Club

I hope your summer has been wonderful and that you have lots of photo memories to scrap. This month's kits might be just perfect for those photos. Some months with a very themed kit, all of my layouts will have a similiar feel. Like a holiday kit or the Summertime Rolls kit, but other times you can really have layouts with a completely varied range just from one kit. I want to share two layouts that I created with the Wednesday Night kit, Add on kit, and the Elastic Heart Stamp Set.
For my first layout I went with lots of the pretty embellishments that were exactly what I needed for a photo of my sister at the flower market the day before her wedding. I chose the white pearl looking cardstock for my background and a layout design that would allow me to scatter some of the fun embellishments down the page.

lovely 

The photo above just doesn't do these embellishments justice because they have wonderful gold foil accents on the chipboard and die cuts but they are tricky to photograph.

lovely 3 

The Elastic Heart Stamp Set has these great phrases with dots out to the side so you can stamp them on papers and cut them out for banners just to have on hand for layouts, but I stamped and embossed them with gold embossing powder on vellum and they are much more fun. The chipboard heart was gold foil but I sanded it a little to soften the look.

lovely1

For my second layout I went a totally different direction. Would you know this was the same kit? The sun burst paper in this kit just needed to make a little sunburst on my funny layout. Sometimes people ask why there aren't more photos of me on vacation and this is why. Luckily my good friend Nancy went on vacation with us and she is a pro with her camera so I do actually have alot of photos from my vacation this time, but I still had to include my husband's photography.

focus

Can you stand the coolness of the title Thicker letters in this kit?! I just love them, but with my light background I was afraid they would disappear so I rubbed some teal ink over the surface and lightly wiped it off, so it has a slight aqua hue. Also stamping the phrases on this layout with aqua rather than the more formal gold on vellum, gives it a more playful look. For my background I used ivory carstock from my stash.

focus 2 

I used the little envelope that the flair comes inside, for a pocket of confetti that I made by punching scrap papers, so always keep those little envelopes :)

focus-1

2 comments:

Francesca Biancon said...

I like all....but the stitched sun is great!!

Dria said...

I love the journaling! I love that you used the photo--I still feel the fun times regardless or maybe because of the blur :) I have a layout and a quote in mind because of this layout. I like the was you used the kit. Great job.