Sunday, October 18, 2015

This is Halloween *October Scraptastic Club

Today on the Scraptastic Club Blog I am sharing a couple of my halloween layouts using the This is Halloween Kit, Add on Kit, Digital Print and Cut files, and Stamp Set.  This is a fun kit to play with even if you don't have school aged kids. For my first layout I made a page using 3 photos from last Halloween.

Boo 

My guys are grown, but they do come over, we hand out candy, watch movies, and have grown up treats. Since we had a apple theme with our food last year, I stamped the row of pumpkins stamp on my journaling sticker and it kind of looks like apples, which is cool. I just love these word and star black glitter Thickers, they are even better in person.

boo 2 

For this page, I also used the October This Life Noted Digital Cut file (here), and I added pieces of one of the patterned papers behind some of the triangles.  Of course the best part is the cute little exclusive vellum die cut ghost.

boo 1 

Now for my second layout I have a little flash back. I had some of my dad's old slides printed and this was one of them. I just love the old retro cookie cutter costumes with those silly masks that you can't see through.

halloween 1968 

I like to make a circle of fun embellishments on pages and this kit has some fantastic little enamel shapes as well as exclusive puffy stickers and super cute die cuts. The stamp set has a row of scattered stars, but I only wanted a few in each spot so I carefully inked only 3 of the stars and stamped around my circle in clusters. I used the black glittered Thickers for a title again and one very cool thing about these is that they are so flexible that I easily made an arc with the title "halloween".

halloween 1968 1 

When I stamped the stars I used a watercolor brush with watercolor pencils to paint them orange. I had to share a close up because the epoxy kitty is just too darn cute.

halloween 1968 2

No comments: