Sunday, February 10, 2013

My Sunshine and Sequins

I have recently gotten a few of the New DCWV releases and my total fave stack is the My Sunshine Stack. Its great colors that go with my photos and really great designs. Some are glossy or have glossy accents that really nicely done.


I also had a Disney challenge that was about the Hollywood theme so I found a photo of my husband at Disneys Hollywood Studios (was MGM at the time). He was sitting in front of the Hollywood Brown Derby restaurant while we were waiting for the parade. I had a little recipe card from the Derby that has a recipe for their famous grapefruit cake on the back and I wanted to include it on the page so I made a pocket behind the photo. I also had to play a bit more with that fun cork in the new DCWV 6x6" adhesive Cork stack. I just hand cut chevron/arrow shapes and peeled the backing off - instant cork sticker. I think you guys might get sick of cork showing up on my layouts because this stuff is fun.

Anyway, it's a Hollywood challenge so I figured there must be a bit of glitz, right? Sequins are showing up more in scrapping and since I have a million sequins from my ornament making days and from both of my grandmothers, so I am always wanting to use them. You can just use glue to adhere them, stitch them to the page using a seed bead in the traditional manor, or just stitch right thru them which is my fave way - its faster and you don't have to wait for glue to dry. :) Give it a try sometime.





6 comments:

Laurel said...

Fabulous layout, love the stitching!

Madeline said...

Great page! Love the bits of cork, corrugated cardstock, sequins, and that gorgeous aqua burlap! So much great texture here!

Carrie said...

I have never thought of sequins for scrapbooking, but they look so nice. I will look for this new stack for sure.

Pamela said...

I love the layout and the paper was just perfect.

Tamera said...

I'm so glad to hear that sequins are back in because I have a ton of them and I never get around to using them and I just re-organiazed them last night and thought that I NEED to use them on a layout ASAP.

This layout is a whole bunch of wonderful -- great use of that BD recipe card, cork, paint splatter and the addition of the little bit of Hollywood glam for Mr. Savvy.

Anne Fisher said...

Oh, I remember eating at the Brown Derby when my husband and I went to Disney World on our honeymoon ages ago. We bought their recipe book. Love it! Such a cute layout!